YOGA + TAI CHI GUNG + MEDITATION
** NOTE - we're a small studio, please arrive with time before class starts to not disrupt the energy of the space. It is common that the door is locked at the time that class starts. if you are going to be late please text (720) 689 - 2879 to let the front desk know.
NEW TO YOGA?
YOGA means UNION. It its simplest form it is the practice of aligning breathe and movement. But you will quickly realize it's so much more than that. It is a practice that helps you go within, connects you to your body, increases metabolism, decreases stress, creates flexibility and strength and can aid in the relief of many physical ailments. Don't know which classes to start with? Read through the class descriptions and find one that resonates with you. WE SUGGEST - Community Classes or Candlelight Yoga.
A couple of tips to help you get started:
- dress comfortably - you'll want to be able to move and stretch and lie down without feeling uncomfortable or needing to adjust your clothing. Yoga is practiced barefoot.
- arrive early - 10/15min should do the trick
- practice on an empty stomach - it's best to not be full before you start.
- familiarize yourself with the space and your mat - we provide yoga mats from Manduka to use if you do not have one of your own.
- the Studio is a sacred space and is a shoe & electronic free zone.
- bring water, a water bottle, or buy one at the studio. (we have fantastic ones from Liberty that are made in the USA and are 100% recyclable)
- come often. Remember yoga is a practice, it's personal, differs from person to person and day by day. The more you practice the more you get to know who you really are, the body you inhabit and can push the limits of what it can do.
- let yourself go and laugh - The best way to approach learning something new is coming from a place of wonder and joy. Yoga is not serious, please don't take it seriously. Egos are left at the door.
- connect - your yoga community is here for you. It's amazing how expansion can come in if you linger after class for a conversation and perhaps some kombucha or tea.
- you can register online although it's not necessary. Just show up early to sign in and get yourself situated before class begins.
See you soon!
ALL LEVELS VINYASA - Breath connected to movement. In our all levels class we get in tune with our breath and sync it to our flow. Asanas (poses) are accessible for beginners, with variations for those who are more experienced. Vinyasa simply means - arranging something in a special way and in our classes we arrange our Asanas with love and intention.
CANDLELIGHT FLOW - What better way to end the work week than with a flow set to soothing music and a room lit with candles and filled with healing intention. Our Candlelight Flow is an all levels class, with some intermediate asanas, that is designed to balance and ground through the power of breath. Revitalization follows this supportive practice which aims to create both strength and flexibility. Through the turning of attention inward, a deep sense of calm will carry with you after the practice is over.
HAPPY HOUR YOGA - Get your sweat on in an Energetic Class to burn off the week and get ready for the Weekend! Alignment and Strength based assiting you in building your best practice in a fun and lively environment.
$3 Kombuchas pared with this class!!
MORNING PRACTICE - Follows the energies of the day, the week and the people that arrive to class. We will move through yoga, some movement, Meditation and perhaps even some tai chi gung. The energy flows with the universe and what our bodies are calling for. Some days we'll go deep, some days we'll play.
Open to all. No limitations on previous experience with anything. If you have a body, you are welcome to this class.
Kundalini yoga combines a challenging physical practice with deep meditative focus. Expect to leave feeling energized and inspired. Each class combines physical postures, breath work and meditation. Suitable for all levels, beginners welcome.
"I want to give you the depth and the strength which is yours ... the original you." Yogi Bhajan.
Buti Yoga centers its practice on more cardio-intensive bursts of tribal dance, primal movement + conditioning woven into a dynamic yoga practice. This practice utilizes spiral movements instead of linear to challenge the body on all planes of motion.
Yin Yoga is a series of gentle poses focused on seated, supine or prone poses held for a longer period of time. Yin yoga targets deeper tissues, organs, and energetics, while inviting you to slow down and unwind at your depths. This practice counterbalances excessive "yang" in our lives and is appropriate for all levels.
Come join us in our Community Classes where you can discover yoga for the first time, come to your mat as a beginner, or even as an expert at a REDUCED RATE. In Ceremony’s Community class you will experience the smoothly flowing movements between poses guided by movement of inhales and exhales through a Vinyasa Flow style class. Modifications will be provided for all levels as the instructor takes you through series of Sun Salutation, standing postures, forward bends, twists and relaxation. Allow yourself to sink in as you experience just one of the many wonderful classes and offerings at Ceremony. Class is DONATION based at a suggested Donation of $10.
TAI' CHI GUNG
Our Tai' Chi Gung lineage goes back unbroken for more than 3000 years. It is sometimes called the "simple yoga". We do a similar set of moving and breathing exercises from one class to the next. At the end, we do the Tai' Chi form passed down to us from Lao Tzu, the original Tai' Chi Gung Master. Since beginners and experienced students support each other doing the same exercises, new students can start any time. It is a Yin, relaxing class, yet you'll be surprised how quickly you build strength, balance, and endurance. Most students report getting deep, restful sleep, clarity of thought and deeper meditation very early in their practice of Tai' Chi Gung, what ever meditation or yoga discipline they enjoy.
MEDITATIONS AT CEREMONY - A chance to sit together, to perhaps clear our minds, open our hearts, release any energies and be in community. Meditations will be different each class depending on what is needed by the students in the room. Meditations are channeled and may include Shamanic Journeying, sound, or silence. After the meditation we will have an opportunity to connect and share if we feel called. Come sit with us.